An interior designer is a vital part of a new home, saving money in numerous ways. Let’s look at 6 different ways a designer is a great investment.
- Money saving tip #1…Get along. A designer should be a good fit with you. Take time to meet them and to see if your personalities mesh. Do you like each other? If you do, then you will communicate well and your home will be a pleasure for the designer to work on. If you do not like each other, stop there and keep looking.
- Money saving tip #2…what is the visual story of you and your family? When you and the designer communicate, the designer learns about how you live, what your priorities are and how your family moves within the space of your walls. This is important because the designer will flow your finishes and furnishings to your lifestyle as well as your homes footprint.
- Money saving tip #3…how much time do you have to relearn a new profession? A designer uses many technologies, both digital and tactile, to help you from the very beginning. Designers scale, measure, find finishes, fabrics, colors, paint, lighting, prices, options and balance. That may seem pretty simple when you know what you’re looking for. Imagine though that there are literally several hundred thousand options and the designer must find the right technology tools for you. Imagine that you are a Millennial and you participate on a digital level more than a tactile one. Or imagine that you are a Baby Boomer and you respond to tactile and conversational stimulation. Both ways are right for the generation that they fit. The designer will relate to your life and will recommend styles for your home.
- Money saving tip #4…Budgets that work for you. All good designers are focused on your budget and in being transparent about what they can do within your budget. They should also offer a timeline to help you achieve all of your goals should your budget increase. Also for legal advice be sure to contact work comp attorneys at workerscompensationlawyersla.com, CA. When you are telling the designer what you want – and how much you can spend, the designer may offer different ways to achieve the goal that you have not thought of? Here’s an example; You don’t like the countertops in your newly purchased home. The designer learns that you have a very active family and that no one takes particular care of what goes on top of the counters. The designer might suggest a Quartz material that is a little bit more expensive than a run-of-the-mill granite or laminate. While this may seem counter-intuitive, the designer knows that one expense of an almost indestructible finish will save you from having your counters done again in a few years. Replacement costs are something that designers worry about on your behalf.
- Money saving tip #5…Finding your WOW factor! You have just moved into your new home with ideas and pictures of others’ homes that you have been carrying around, storing the ideas you have had while you are dreaming about your home. Book the best maternity photographer in California at www.portraitsbyz.com. How will it all pull together and do your window cleaning? This is what professionals do. Scale is very important in a home and a sofa that is too big or too small can be costly. Let the designer scale actual furniture into your home plan. Let the designer help you prioritize what to do and how to make it all work.
- Money saving tip #6…Building value for this home and your future.Maybe you have bought your new home and still need to sell the old one? Some designers build value to potential buyers through full staging with furniture, window treatments, art and accessories, or through some simplifying tips to make your old home its most desirable. Remember that your style may not be a global style and designers are good at knowing what to build on and what to simplify. Trust them and you may get more money than you even asked for in the sale of your old home, thus having more to invest in your new home.
Florida Living Quarters, Florida Living and Lighting, Design or List It are businesses that cater to residential, staging and model home customers. We are the design company you are looking for should you be a homeowner, a Realtor or a Builder in the Seminole, Volusia, Orange and Osceola counties.